Articles on this Page
- 08/04/19--21:00: _State of the Market...
- 10/01/19--11:59: _SDM 2019 Systems In...
- 06/01/18--04:00: _State of the Market...
- 07/31/18--21:00: _State of the Market...
- 12/09/18--21:00: _SDM 2018 Dealer of ...
- 01/01/19--21:01: _SDM 2019 Security I...
- 02/03/19--21:00: _State of the Market...
- 11/05/19--11:27: _Messages from 14th ...
- 08/04/19--21:00: State of the Market: Smart Home 2019
- 10/01/19--11:59: SDM 2019 Systems Integrator of the Year
- 06/01/18--04:00: State of the Market: Access Control 2018
- 07/31/18--21:00: State of the Market: Connected Home
- 12/09/18--21:00: SDM 2018 Dealer of the Year: Bates Security/Sonitrol of Lexington
- 02/03/19--21:00: State of the Market: Video Surveillance 2019
- 11/05/19--11:27: Messages from 14th ACCC: Openness & Partnerships
Is the smart home market maturing and stabilizing, showing a clear path forward for security dealers wanting to capitalize on the new desires of homeowners to interact with many areas of their home life, including security? Not exactly. But there are definitely signs that it has moved to another level of adoption and interest, making the time ripe for action on the part of those who want to adjust their business model to capture opportunities and revenue in this fast-growing space.
As one of six distinct security-related divisions of a global powerhouse, this year’s Systems Integrator of the Year draws on the history of not one, but two long-standing companies, along with a deep commitment to its employees and customers, and a strong understanding of technology to distinguish itself from the competition.
If responses from more than 30 manufacturers, integrators and other industry practitioners are any indication, share-of-revenue from access control may be picking up.
To tweak a line from a famous Frank Sinatra song: 2017, it was a very good year. It was a very good year for connected homes, that is. Massive amounts of advertising from big players inside and outside the security space, a rapidly advancing technology landscape, and an avid interest from homeowners at all economic levels led to a connected home space that is growing by leaps and bounds.
Lexington, Ky., is known for a few things: horses, bluegrass, bourbon, a historic downtown area, and — when it comes to security systems — Bates Security/Sonitrol of Lexington.
Security integrators expect their stellar 2018 performance to continue into 2019, according to results of SDM’s 2019 Industry Forecast Study, a report published annually by SDM since 1982. Last year saw double-digit growth in both total annual revenue and recurring monthly revenue (RMR) for integrators and dealers who participated in the study.
The video surveillance market is strong and will continue to grow. It is less a lumbering giant, though, and more an agile athlete, able to pivot and adapt — it just happens to be the largest one on the security court.
The venue for the 14th annual Axis Connect & Converge Conference (ACCC) was symbolic of the theme conveyed by host Axis Communications throughout the two full days of the meeting.